Friday, December 2, 2011

Back to 3rd shift

Last night I got to dabble in working 3rd shift again.  Right out of college I got hired to work 3rd shift at the lab.  I did that for 2 1/2 years before I took the job I am still currently working.  I didn't mind 3rd shift.  The pay was good and the people weren't too bad...well most of them.  I got a lot of reading done and puzzle books!  But I also froze to death every night. 

Before heading into work I had to cook this chicken that CGs dad had given me.  He went in with a buddy and raised a bunch of meat chickens and was passing them out the other day.  I got one and there was no way it would fit in my freezer so I stuck it in the fridge to thaw out.  So I googled a good recipe and cooked away.  I followed Glamour magazines "engagement chicken" recipe.  I have seen this recipe for years and figured it would be a good time to test it out...ya know see if it actually works.  Well it was a success...at least as far as taste!  I will link it once I figure that out but feel free to google it. 

Big plans this weekend involve relaxing and decorating.  Maybe some arts and crafts time too.  I also hope to hit up the gym.  I made it there Tuesday and Wednesday so far this week so Saturday and Sunday are 2 days I need to get to my 4 for the week. 

3 exciting things from this week
3 .The chicken.  I was impressed with really how good it was!  I am a professional chef. :]
2.The big project I finished up at work.  I have had this one going on for a while so getting it done was a huge pile off my desk.  Granted working over night wasn't all that great but it was nice to get done. 
1. The OSU vs dooke game.  The Buckeyes were on point!  I enjoy college basketball greatly, easily more so than football and when the Buckeyes are looking this good in December...I can only wait for March madness. 

No comments: