Thursday, December 8, 2011

Doesnt play well with others

I have noticed a difference in the classes I take at the gym the past couple of weeks.  At first I assumed it was because it was getting cold out and many were taking up their new years resolutions early.  Well last night it finally clicked.  A chain of gyms in the area closed their doors recently.  When I had heard this news I thought nothing of it, except glad its not my gym.  Last night I came to the iron class I have been going to for the past 2 years and it was full with new meat heads.  I am guessing their old gym had body pump and they owned that class and had big plans to come take over our class.  I was annoyed from the first minuet when they were loud and not even trying to listen to Ali(my favorite instructor ever).  Then the one old lady throws a fit because she wants to use the "body pump" weights over the "iron" weights.  Lady just because on is in lbs and one is in kgs doesn't mean you cant switch!  So she takes up even more of our workout time making Ali try to find more bp weights for her.  THEN she doesn't even use them!  I did have a good laugh because she would load up the bar then not be able to lift it.  The entire class I had to listen to the couple of males grunt and holler and sing along.  It was beyond annoying. 
So maybe I am a little touchy and don't like for others to just come along and act like they are important.  I never claimed to be good at playing with others.  Except puppy dogs.  I play real well with them :]
Besides Iron this week I made it to the Dance, Dance.  Such a hoot.  If you leave that class in a bad mood then you just have a crappy life.  There is nothing like the laugh you get from either yourself or the others in the class.  Between the non coordinated and the overly serious ones I spend most of the time giggling.  I also ran 3 miles on Monday and 4 miles on Wednesday.  I have been making sure to keep my pace at a 6mph constant pace then bump it up slightly at the end to beat the 10min miles.  I hope to bump up my constant pace in the next week to 6.2 and see how that goes.  I have a great desire to run faster.  It also helps that I downloaded every episode of Veronica Mars to entertain me on the dreadmill!  I know I watched most of the episodes back in the day but for the life of me I cant remember what happens. 
Today I am off work to take a trip south to the outlet malls with D.  An extra day off work is super exciting to me.  And maybe find some gifts for the family! 

3 shows I want to download and watch while running
3.  Veronica Mars.  Done.  There were only 3 seasons and I am up to episode 8 of the first season.  Who killed Lily Kane is killing me!
2. The OC.  Loved this show until they announced they were cancelling it.  Then I quit watching it in rebellion.  I did finally watch season 4 but I would like to start all over again.
1. Its always sunny in Philly.  This is a show I catch here and there but would like to start from the beginning. 

No comments: