Wednesday, February 22, 2012

No Rest Til Easter

Its that time of year again when some religions take the time to give something up they see as a sacrifice.  I don’t actually belong to such a religion but in college I had many catholic roomies.  So its been something fun to keep doing after college.  Last year I gave up potatoes.  All forms.  My greatest love is potatoes.  I actually did really good last year.  But of course I went right back to my love affair after lent was over.

This year I wanted to try something a little different.  I have decided for Lent to give up rest days.  I use rest days like a complete crutch.  I take them like its my job.  And I take that job very seriously.  But I have been completely in a funk lately and I am looking forward to this challenge. 

The rules will be pretty simple.  I am in the middle of getting ready for races so I have a nice set plan for my running.  The hard part will be the 3 days of the week when I don’t have runs planned.  So pretty much other days, I need to do 30mins of exercise.  It can be some Wii fit action or the Nike app at home. 

I am pretty excited for this challenge.  Let the games begin!  In love

No comments: