Saturday, October 1, 2011

Chage of plans

My big plans today involved getting up early to get a nice 12mile run in.  Lets be honest...I knew last night it wasnt going to happen.  The stress of getting it done before I needed to head other places just wasnt worth it when the chance of rain was greater today than it is tomorrow morning.  So I slept until 8am which is 3 extra hours of sleep for me!  And...WORTH it!  I know getting it done today would have been the smart move but sometimes you have to put things off.  Tomorrow will work just fine and be a good time to clear my head.  And it gives me a reason to not stay out too late tonight! Now I just need to decide when to run tomorrow....first thing in the morning or go to church and do it later in the afternoon.
Todays plans now involve a breakfast at home then some relaxing until I head to campus to meet up with others for the game against Mich State.  Hopefully I can make good choices when it comes to food and drinks!

3 concerns for tomorrow
3
When to run.  Do I go first thing in the morning, skip church, or do I wait until the afternoon when its not my normal long run time.  I seem to have a hard time running well at other times of the day, any distance at least. 
2
Where to run.  Go to Worthington and run the Olentangy trail or to Mt Vernon and do the Kokosing Gap trail.  Both trails have been amazing for me this training time.  My last long run (10miles) was on the OT and I felt amazing.  This is probably also depend on where I stay tonight and how my night goes!
1
What shoes do I wear?!  I bought new shoes a few weeks ago and my 2 runs in them have not gone well at all.  But my old shoes have been feeling crappy for the past while.  So what to do.  I just need to get to the finish line in 2 weeks from tomorrow as best as possible.  Im starting to think going back to the old ones for it might be best.  Only 2 weeks more on them wont kill me.  Needless to say this is by far my biggest concern!

No comments: