Wednesday, October 5, 2011

No More Ochocrapo

Fantasy football
My friend Bard is a huge fantasy football fan and demanded I join her brother's league this year.  I have no clue how much work it really was to have a team.  I feel bad for the real team owners! 
Being the 100% loyal southern Ohio (south of 70 baby!) girl I am, I am a fan of the Bengals.  Not a rabid fan but enough to root for them and always again the Browns and the Steelers. 

Dec 2009.  Freezing cold day!
So being the solid Bengals fan, I named my fantasy team "No more Ochocrapo" to celebrate the hot mess Ochocinco no longer being on the team.  I must confess that I didn't hate the player formerly known as Chad Johnson.  I actually find him quite entertaining.  But at the same time he needs to learn how to play football and care less about camera time.

No More Ochocrapo
So the draft day comes, and happens to be on the same day as wedding #7 in my time line.  Bard is in the wedding too so we try to get online while getting our hair did but it just didn't happen.  So autodraft was our only option.  Granted I have almost no clue about how to pick players so it wasn't all that bad for me.  Except one part...

Yeah that's right.  Autodraft has a sense of humor!  I let him play the first 3 weeks but after his ability to not get me any points I put his behind on the bench.  I will soon have to trade him for some better coverage during week 8 when right about my whole team has a bye week. 

I am currently 2-2 and in 7th place.  Not great but not horrible since I am learning it as I go.  Sadly Bard is currently beating me...not ok.  Maybe I am a bit too competitive. 

Fantasy life
I'm deep into my between work and gym DVR watching.  3rd show almost done!  Then time for abs and Iron.  With a short cardio session to get the blood flowing before the classes.  I have been going strong with my gym schedule for almost 2 weeks now and that excites me!

3 Key players on my fantasy football team
3
Bears defense.  They are holding up quite well and bringing me solid points each week.  Keepers.
2
Darren McFadden.  Around week 3 some other yahoo in my league tried to get me to trade him and Larry Fitzgerald for 3 no bodies who didn't even combine for the number of points I got from either of these guys. Yeah thanks but no thanks.
1
Matt Stafford.  He has been a solid QB so far.  I have Bradford sitting my bench to be my backup during Stafford's bye week. 

No comments: