Sunday, October 2, 2011

Last long run

I am deep into training for my 2nd half marathon.  Deep like "I can smell the finish line" kind of deep.  Deep like in 2 weeks from right now I will be napping on my couch with my medal. 
Today I am off to do my final long run.  I am heading out shortly to do 12.  The longest I have done this training time is 10.  The 10 was my best run all year....but that was almost a month ago.  I unfortunately haven't had the best past few weeks for running on the weekends!  But I still have confidence I can own the half marathon.
This training has been different in my training from last year that I have trained 100% alone.  I have tons of support and know others training too but all of my run have been alone.  And I have loved it.  I can concentrate on ME and not working on others pace or feeling like a slow slug when my friends leave me in their dust!  I know many people like to do groups but I am realizing running for me is an I sport! 
Race day uniform?!

I am glad this is my last long one and after this I am going to concentrate on my workout plan...not just training plan.  Until its time to train for the Flying Pig that is!

3 must dos before a run
3
Drink a crystal lite wild strawberry energy.  I have no idea if it is just named energy or is suppose to give you energy or what but I have to drink it or I am out of sorts!
2
Eat a Clif bar.  Now truth is I am not eating one today because I had a nice carby lunch at the Cable Guys parents after church and I think I am okay.  I am taking some extra Gu along with me in case I need some more nutrients.  Lets hope for the best!
1
Take care of business.  #2 kind of business.  And sorry if that's not something you want to know about but its life!  I work with body fluids on a daily basis so a little poo humor is the norm for me!

No comments: