Monday, October 3, 2011

Snappin some green beans

That 12 mile run I was talking about yesterday?!  Yeah finished! 
10:59 avg pace is right where I want to be for the half.   Yes I know slow as crap but I went out slow to make it to the end!
Crappy iPhone pic because I didn't want to get off my couch and either turn on a light or get my real camera.  Story of my life!
So whats a girl to do after spending 2+hrs running....freeze some green beans!
I took these:
And turned it into this:


The Cable Guys gma suggested to blanch(sp?) the beans then freeze them.  And since I have no clue about freezing veggies I was happy for the help! Boil for 2mins, straight into cold water, then lay out to dry.  Hopefully it will work out but I do know already I needed to dry out the beans more so than I did.  But lets be honest...it was almost 10pm and I had run 12miles and 5am comes way early!
But 5am did come and I had a nice long day at work fighting with my computer.  Its the first Monday of the month which means I am slammed!  Reports must be pulled!
My night tonight will involve a nice trip to the gym for some light cardio and Iron class.  My weekly workout schedule current looks like this:

M-cardio+iron
T-run
W-cardio+iron
H-run
S-long run

I am trying very hard to stick to my plans and incorporate more strength training into my routine. 
I don't have any plans to turn this blog(is it a blog if no one reads it?!) into a weight loss journey but that is a huge part of my life.  I am by no means a stick figure and never will be(and gladly so) but I see a lot in myself I would like to change. 
In line with that...I have no idea what kind of blog this is!  I am into a million different things and I like the bits and pieces of different blog types.  So is there a such of thing as "everything" blog or "too lazy to pick one thing" blog.  Cause that would probably be a great description!

3 blogs I know I am not:
3
Food blog.  I am a boring person when it comes to food.  Going out I always get the same thing at places.  At home when I cook it comes too often from a box or it just is me throwing everything together.  Not riveting stuff here!
2
Help blog.  I always say I could never be a teacher because I don't know how to tell anyone to do something I just know how to do.  I am just not a good helper I guess.
1
Political blog.  Ug. Vomit.  I don't like politics.  I don't like voting.  I have never voted in a presidential election...and I have no plans to.  But that is for another entry....


No comments: